Golf enthusiasts around the world are always curious about the equipment that the pros use. One such question that often comes up is, “What irons does Rory McIlroy use?” As a four-time major champion, Rory McIlroy is known for his incredible skills on the golf course. His ability to dominate the game has left many wondering what clubs he relies on to achieve his success. In this article, we will explore the irons that Rory McIlroy uses and what makes them so effective. Get ready to discover the secrets behind the success of one of the world’s greatest golfers.
Rory McIlroy, a professional golfer from Northern Ireland, uses a variety of irons to dominate the golf course. He typically carries a set of clubs that includes a 3-iron through to a pitching wedge, with each club designed to help him hit different shots with varying degrees of loft and distance. McIlroy is known for his exceptional ball-striking ability, and he relies on his irons to hit precise shots into the green, as well as to hit long, straight drives off the tee. While he may occasionally use other types of clubs, such as fairway woods or hybrids, his irons are the primary tools he uses to dominate the golf course.
The Importance of Irons in Golf
Why Irons Matter for a Golfer’s Game
Irons are an essential component of a golfer’s game as they provide control and accuracy, enabling players to shape shots and manage their distance. Irons are designed with different loft angles, which impacts the trajectory and distance of the ball. A golfer’s iron selection affects their ability to control their shots and manage their game on the course.
In golf, irons are used for a variety of shots, including approach shots, pitches, and chips. They are typically used for shots that require a higher degree of precision and control, as opposed to fairway woods or hybrids, which are used for longer shots with a lower degree of loft. The loft of the iron determines the height and distance of the shot, while the shaft and clubhead design impact the control and feel of the shot.
The type of iron a golfer uses can greatly impact their game. For example, a golfer with a slower swing speed may benefit from using a higher lofted iron, such as a sand wedge or lob wedge, to control their shots and avoid fat or thin shots. A golfer with a faster swing speed, on the other hand, may prefer a lower lofted iron, such as a 3 or 4 iron, to maximize distance and control.
Furthermore, the quality of the iron set can greatly impact a golfer’s game. High-quality irons are typically made from premium materials, such as forged carbon steel or titanium, and are designed with advanced technologies, such as variable thickness faces and tungsten weighting, to enhance ball speed, forgiveness, and control. A golfer who invests in a high-quality iron set can expect improved performance and greater consistency on the course.
In conclusion, irons are a critical component of a golfer’s game, as they provide control and accuracy, enabling players to shape shots and manage their distance. The type of iron a golfer uses and the quality of their iron set can greatly impact their game, and choosing the right irons for their swing and playing style is essential for success on the course.
Factors to Consider When Choosing Irons
Choosing the right irons is crucial for a golfer’s success on the course. There are several factors to consider when selecting irons, including the golfer’s skill level, swing speed, and shot preferences. Here are some key factors to keep in mind when choosing irons:
- Skill Level: A beginner golfer may benefit from irons that are easier to hit and provide more forgiveness, while an experienced golfer may prefer irons that offer more control and precision.
- Swing Speed: The speed of a golfer’s swing can impact the distance and accuracy of their shots. Golfers with slower swing speeds may benefit from irons with lower lofts, while those with faster swing speeds may prefer irons with higher lofts.
- Shot Preferences: Different golfers have different shot preferences, such as a draw or a fade. When choosing irons, it’s important to consider the type of shots that a golfer wants to hit and choose irons that will help them achieve those shots.
- Forgiveness: Irons that offer more forgiveness can help golfers who struggle with accuracy or consistency. Forgiving irons often have larger clubheads and more flexible shafts, which can help compensate for off-center hits.
- Shaft Material: The material of the shaft can also impact the performance of irons. Steel shafts are heavier and offer more control, while graphite shafts are lighter and offer more forgiveness.
- Price: Finally, the price of irons is an important factor to consider. Golfers on a budget may want to consider irons that offer good value for their price, while those with a higher budget may be willing to invest in premium irons for improved performance.
Rory McIlroy’s Iron Set of Choice
Overview of the TaylorMade SIM2 Max Iron Set
The TaylorMade SIM2 Max Iron Set is a top-of-the-line golf club that Rory McIlroy has chosen to dominate the golf course. These irons are designed with cutting-edge technology that delivers exceptional distance, accuracy, and feel. The set features a sleek and aerodynamic design that helps golfers achieve optimal ball speed and trajectory.
The SIM2 Max Iron Set boasts a forged, ring-spun 1025 carbon steel construction that ensures maximum durability and precision. The clubface is designed with a high-strength 450 steel alloy that promotes a fast and responsive ball flight. Additionally, the set includes a unique Speed Pocket technology that provides a larger sweet spot and increased forgiveness on off-center hits.
Another standout feature of the TaylorMade SIM2 Max Iron Set is its Geocoustic technology. This innovative design delivers optimal sound and feel while enhancing the ball’s trajectory and distance. The irons also come with a Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 grip that provides excellent control and comfort during swings.
Overall, the TaylorMade SIM2 Max Iron Set is a top-performing golf club that offers Rory McIlroy the power, control, and precision he needs to dominate the golf course. Its advanced design and technology make it a favorite among professional golfers worldwide.
Why TaylorMade SIM2 Max Irons Stand Out for Rory McIlroy
One of the key reasons why Rory McIlroy chooses to use TaylorMade SIM2 Max irons is due to their exceptional distance and accuracy. The SIM2 Max irons feature a new twist face design that allows for a higher and more efficient launch, resulting in increased distance and improved ball speed. Additionally, the irons have a lower and more centered center of gravity, which provides enhanced forgiveness and stability on off-center hits.
Another standout feature of the TaylorMade SIM2 Max irons is their incredible feel and sound at impact. The irons are made with a new polymer material in the cavity that enhances the sound and feel of the club at impact, giving players a more satisfying and confident feel on every shot. This feature is particularly important for Rory McIlroy, who is known for his exceptional feel and control around the greens.
The SIM2 Max irons also boast a new shape and design that allows for improved turf interaction and a more streamlined look at address. The sleek, aerodynamic shape of the irons reduces drag and improves the overall performance of the clubhead, resulting in increased accuracy and distance. The modern, muscle-back design of the irons also provides a clean and confident look at address, which is essential for a player of Rory McIlroy’s caliber.
Overall, the TaylorMade SIM2 Max irons stand out for Rory McIlroy due to their exceptional distance and accuracy, incredible feel and sound, and improved turf interaction and design. These features make the SIM2 Max irons a top choice for players looking to dominate the golf course with a superior iron set.
Key Features and Technologies of the TaylorMade SIM2 Max Irons
Rory McIlroy’s choice of iron set is the TaylorMade SIM2 Max Irons, which is a game-improvement iron designed for golfers looking for more distance, forgiveness, and easy-to-launch shots. The SIM2 Max Irons feature several key technologies that help Rory and other golfers to achieve optimal performance on the golf course.
One of the key features of the TaylorMade SIM2 Max Irons is the Speed Bridge design. This technology connects the iron’s head and the shaft, allowing for a more efficient transfer of energy from the swing to the ball. The Speed Bridge design helps to increase ball speed and distance, which is essential for golfers looking to dominate the golf course.
Another notable feature of the SIM2 Max Irons is the Thru-Slot Speed Pocket. This technology is located in the 4-7 irons and is designed to increase ball speed and forgiveness on low-face shots. The Thru-Slot Speed Pocket allows the face of the iron to flex more at impact, which helps to create more ball speed and distance, even on mis-hits.
The SIM2 Max Irons also feature a tungsten weighting system, which helps to increase the clubhead’s momentum and provide a more stable and forgiving ball flight. The tungsten weight is strategically placed in the toe and heel of the iron to optimize the center of gravity, providing golfers with a higher launch angle and more forgiveness on off-center hits.
Another innovative technology used in the SIM2 Max Irons is the new FlarEasyTM hosel design. This design feature allows golfers to easily adjust the loft and lie angle of the iron, which can help to optimize ball flight and trajectory. The FlarEasyTM hosel design provides golfers with more control over their shots, which is crucial for achieving optimal performance on the golf course.
In conclusion, the TaylorMade SIM2 Max Irons are designed to provide golfers with maximum distance, forgiveness, and easy-to-launch shots. The iron set’s key features and technologies, such as the Speed Bridge design, Thru-Slot Speed Pocket, tungsten weighting system, and FlarEasyTM hosel design, help to optimize ball speed, trajectory, and control, making them an excellent choice for golfers looking to dominate the golf course.
Comparing Rory McIlroy’s Irons to Other Top Golf Clubs
Comparison with TaylorMade P7MC Irons
Rory McIlroy is known for his exceptional golf skills, and his choice of irons plays a significant role in his success on the golf course. When comparing his irons to other top golf clubs, one of the most notable competitors is the TaylorMade P7MC Irons.
The TaylorMade P7MC Irons are considered to be one of the best golf clubs in the market, known for their precision and control. These irons are designed with a forged construction, which provides a soft feel and increased precision. The P7MC Irons also feature a progressive design, where each iron has a different size and shape, allowing for optimal performance across the entire set.
When comparing Rory McIlroy’s irons to the TaylorMade P7MC Irons, it is clear that both sets of irons have their unique advantages. Rory McIlroy’s irons are designed with a stronger loft and a more aggressive design, which allows him to hit the ball further and with more control. On the other hand, the TaylorMade P7MC Irons are designed with a more traditional shape and a lower loft, which provides exceptional precision and control around the greens.
Overall, both Rory McIlroy’s irons and the TaylorMade P7MC Irons are top-quality golf clubs that offer excellent performance on the golf course. However, the choice between these two sets of irons ultimately depends on the golfer’s personal preferences and playing style.
Comparison with Callaway Apex 21 Irons
Rory McIlroy is known for his exceptional golf skills, and one of the factors that contribute to his success is his choice of golf clubs. One of the most frequently asked questions about his equipment is what irons he uses. In this article, we will compare Rory McIlroy’s irons with one of the top golf clubs in the market, the Callaway Apex 21 Irons.
The Callaway Apex 21 Irons is a popular choice among professional golfers due to its high-quality construction and impressive performance. The club features a forged body made of 1025 mild carbon steel, which provides exceptional strength and durability. The clubhead is designed with a slightly rounded shape, which helps to improve the accuracy and control of the shots.
In terms of performance, the Callaway Apex 21 Irons offers a great combination of distance and precision. The club’s unique design, which includes a low CG (center of gravity) and a strong loft, helps to generate more speed and height on the shots. The club also features Callaway’s patented Hollow Body Construction technology, which provides excellent forgiveness and control on off-center hits.
Comparing the Callaway Apex 21 Irons with Rory McIlroy’s irons, it is clear that both clubs have their own unique strengths and advantages. While the Callaway Apex 21 Irons offers excellent distance and forgiveness, Rory McIlroy’s irons are known for their exceptional feel and control. Rory McIlroy’s irons are custom-made by Titleist, and they are designed to fit his specific swing and playing style.
One of the main differences between Rory McIlroy’s irons and the Callaway Apex 21 Irons is the way they feel when struck. Rory McIlroy’s irons have a more compact and solid feel, which provides better feedback to the player about the quality of the shot. On the other hand, the Callaway Apex 21 Irons have a slightly hollow feel, which can be more appealing to players who prefer a higher-launching ball flight.
Another difference between the two clubs is their appearance. Rory McIlroy’s irons have a more traditional and understated look, with a simple black and white color scheme. The Callaway Apex 21 Irons, on the other hand, have a more eye-catching design, with a bold, contrasting color scheme that stands out on the golf course.
In conclusion, both Rory McIlroy’s irons and the Callaway Apex 21 Irons are excellent golf clubs that offer unique performance benefits. While the Callaway Apex 21 Irons are known for their distance and forgiveness, Rory McIlroy’s irons are renowned for their exceptional feel and control. Ultimately, the choice between these two clubs will depend on the individual player’s swing and playing style, as well as their personal preferences for club design and appearance.
Factors to Consider When Choosing Between Different Iron Sets
When it comes to choosing the right iron set for your game, there are several factors to consider. As a golfer, you want to make sure that the irons you choose are going to help you improve your game and make it easier for you to hit those long and short shots with precision. Here are some of the factors you should consider when choosing between different iron sets:
- Your skill level: The right iron set for a beginner golfer is going to be different from the right iron set for an experienced golfer. If you are new to the game, you may want to choose a set of irons that are easier to use and have a lower trajectory. More experienced golfers may prefer a set of irons that offer more control and precision.
- Your swing speed: Your swing speed is another important factor to consider when choosing between different iron sets. If you have a slower swing speed, you may want to choose a set of irons that are easier to swing and have a lower trajectory. If you have a faster swing speed, you may prefer a set of irons that offer more distance and control.
- Your physical characteristics: Your physical characteristics, such as your height and strength, can also play a role in choosing the right iron set for your game. For example, taller golfers may prefer a longer shaft on their irons, while shorter golfers may prefer a shorter shaft.
- Your budget: Finally, your budget is an important factor to consider when choosing between different iron sets. Some iron sets can be quite expensive, so you want to make sure that you are choosing a set that fits within your budget.
By considering these factors, you can narrow down your options and choose the right iron set for your game. Whether you are a beginner golfer or an experienced player, taking the time to choose the right irons can make a big difference in your game and help you become a more skilled and confident golfer.
Rory McIlroy’s Approach to Playing with His Irons
The Role of Practice and Perseverance in Improving Iron Play
To become a dominant force on the golf course, Rory McIlroy recognizes the importance of practice and perseverance in improving his iron play. Here’s how he goes about it:
- Consistent Practice: McIlroy dedicates a significant amount of time to practicing his iron shots, honing his technique and developing muscle memory. He works with his coach to identify areas for improvement and creates a practice routine that focuses on those specific aspects. This consistent practice helps him build a strong foundation and maintain a high level of proficiency with his irons.
- Attention to Detail: McIlroy pays close attention to the finer details of his iron play, such as ball position, stance, and swing mechanics. He analyzes his swings in slow motion, looking for even the slightest deviations from his ideal swing pattern. By making small adjustments and focusing on the details, he’s able to improve his accuracy and distance control with his irons.
- Perseverance and Resilience: McIlroy understands that improving iron play is a process that requires perseverance and resilience. He accepts that there will be ups and downs and doesn’t get discouraged by poor performances or missed shots. Instead, he uses setbacks as opportunities to learn and grow, continuing to practice and refine his technique until he achieves the desired results.
- Competition and Match Play: McIlroy recognizes the value of competitive experience in improving his iron play. He actively seeks out tournaments and matches where he can test his skills against top-level competition. This exposure to high-pressure situations helps him develop the mental toughness and resilience needed to perform at his best under pressure.
- Learning from Mistakes: McIlroy embraces the idea that mistakes are opportunities for growth. He actively seeks feedback from his coach and uses it to make adjustments to his technique. By learning from his mistakes, he’s able to refine his iron play and improve his overall performance on the golf course.
In summary, Rory McIlroy’s approach to improving his iron play emphasizes the importance of consistent practice, attention to detail, perseverance, resilience, competition, and learning from mistakes. By embracing these principles, he’s able to dominate the golf course with his iron shots.
The Importance of Mental Game and Course Strategy
The mental game is a crucial aspect of golf, and Rory McIlroy is well aware of this. He believes that a strong mental game can help him make the right decisions on the course, especially when it comes to playing with his irons. McIlroy has said that he spends a lot of time visualizing his shots and working on his mental game, and he believes that this helps him stay focused and make the most of his ability.
Course strategy is also an important part of McIlroy’s approach to playing with his irons. He is known for being a strategic player, and he always tries to think several shots ahead. This means that he considers not just the shot he is about to play, but also how that shot will affect his position on the course and his ability to reach the green in regulation. By thinking strategically, McIlroy is able to make the most of his irons and keep himself in a good position to score well.
Another important aspect of McIlroy’s mental game is his ability to manage his emotions. He knows that golf can be a high-pressure sport, and he has learned to stay calm and focused even when things are not going well. This allows him to bounce back from bad shots and stay focused on the task at hand, which is crucial for success on the golf course.
Overall, McIlroy’s approach to playing with his irons emphasizes the importance of the mental game and course strategy. By staying focused, visualizing his shots, and thinking strategically, he is able to make the most of his irons and dominate the golf course.
Rory McIlroy’s Swing Techniques and Drills for Iron Shots
Focus on Ball Position and Posture
One of the key swing techniques that Rory McIlroy employs for iron shots is to focus on the position of the ball and his posture. This helps him to maintain a consistent swing and ensures that he can make solid contact with the ball. To practice this technique, golfers can try the following drill:
- Take a comfortable stance and align the clubface with the target.
- Place the ball in the center of your stance, making sure it is directly behind the ball.
- Focus on keeping your head down and your posture upright as you swing the club.
- Make contact with the ball and continue through to the finish position.
Practice Your Ball-Striking Skills
Another important aspect of Rory McIlroy’s swing technique is his focus on ball-striking skills. This involves making solid contact with the ball and ensuring that the ball flies straight and true. To practice this skill, golfers can try the following drill:
- Set up a variety of shots, such as full swings, half swings, and pitches.
- Practice making solid contact with the ball, focusing on the feel of the clubhead as it meets the ball.
- Pay attention to your ball flight and make adjustments to your swing as needed to ensure a straight and true shot.
Develop a Consistent Swing
Finally, Rory McIlroy’s success with his irons is largely due to his ability to develop a consistent swing. This involves repeating the same swing pattern over and over again, even when faced with different shot scenarios. To practice developing a consistent swing, golfers can try the following drill:
- Repeat the same swing pattern for each shot, making adjustments as needed to ensure a consistent swing.
By focusing on these swing techniques and drills, golfers can develop the skills needed to dominate the golf course with their irons, just like Rory McIlroy.
Upgrading Your Iron Game with Rory McIlroy’s Choice
How to Improve Your Iron Skills with TaylorMade SIM2 Max Irons
Rory McIlroy is known for his exceptional iron skills, and one of the main reasons for his success is his choice of irons. He uses the TaylorMade SIM2 Max irons, which are designed to help golfers improve their accuracy and distance control. If you want to improve your iron skills and dominate the golf course like Rory McIlroy, here’s how you can use the TaylorMade SIM2 Max irons to your advantage.
- Understand the Technology Behind the TaylorMade SIM2 Max Irons
The TaylorMade SIM2 Max irons are designed with a combination of cutting-edge technologies that help golfers achieve greater distance and accuracy. These technologies include a faster and lower CG (center of gravity) for higher launch and increased spin, as well as a thinner face design that maximizes ball speed across the entire face.
- Focus on Your Swing Mechanics
To get the most out of your TaylorMade SIM2 Max irons, it’s essential to focus on your swing mechanics. Make sure you have a smooth and consistent swing, with a proper grip, stance, and body alignment. This will help you hit the ball with greater accuracy and control, and make the most of the technology built into the irons.
- Practice Your Short Game
One of the biggest advantages of the TaylorMade SIM2 Max irons is their ability to help golfers improve their short game. The irons are designed to provide greater control and accuracy around the green, which is essential for getting up and down from tricky lies. Spend some time practicing your chipping, pitching, and sand play with your TaylorMade SIM2 Max irons, and you’ll soon see improvements in your short game.
- Customize Your Set
Finally, to get the most out of your TaylorMade SIM2 Max irons, it’s important to customize your set to your individual needs. This might involve adjusting the loft and lie angles of your irons, or swapping out the stock shafts for ones that better suit your swing. Work with a professional club fitter to ensure that your irons are set up to help you achieve your best possible performance on the golf course.
By following these tips, you can use the TaylorMade SIM2 Max irons to improve your iron skills and dominate the golf course like Rory McIlroy. Whether you’re hitting long drives down the fairway or navigating tricky lies around the green, these irons are designed to help you achieve greater accuracy and control, so you can shoot lower scores and enjoy your time on the course.
Customizing Your Iron Set for Optimal Performance
When it comes to customizing your iron set for optimal performance, there are several key factors to consider. These include:
- Shaft selection: The shaft is a crucial component of your iron set, as it affects both your ball speed and trajectory. Rory McIlroy uses a variety of shafts in his iron set, depending on the specific club and his playing conditions. For example, he may use a heavier shaft in his long irons for added stability, while opting for a lighter shaft in his short irons for increased control.
- Swing weight: Swing weight refers to the balance of your iron set, and it’s important to choose a set that matches your swing style. Rory McIlroy uses a heavier swing weight in his long irons and a lighter swing weight in his short irons, which allows him to generate maximum power and control throughout his swing.
- Loft angle: The loft angle of your irons affects your ball flight and distance, so it’s important to choose a set that suits your playing style. Rory McIlroy uses a relatively strong loft angle in his irons, which allows him to launch the ball high and achieve a steep descent angle for maximum distance.
- Grip size: Your grip size can also affect your control and accuracy, so it’s important to choose a grip that feels comfortable in your hand. Rory McIlroy uses a mid-sized grip in his irons, which allows him to maintain a consistent hand position throughout his swing.
By customizing your iron set to your specific needs and preferences, you can maximize your performance on the golf course. So, whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned pro, consider consulting with a golf professional to help you choose the right iron set for your game.
Additional Tips and Drills for Enhancing Iron Play
Improving your iron play is essential to your overall golf game. While using the same irons as Rory McIlroy can help, there are additional tips and drills you can practice to enhance your iron play.
Maintaining Proper Address Position
Proper address position is crucial when hitting irons. It sets the foundation for a smooth and accurate swing. Here are some tips to maintain a proper address position:
- Position your feet shoulder-width apart, with the ball placed slightly forward of your stance.
- Place your hands ahead of the ball, ensuring that your clubface points towards your target.
- Bend your knees slightly and maintain a slight forward press, keeping your weight on your toes.
- Avoid lifting your heels or standing up too tall during your swing.
Using the Correct Grip Pressure
Grip pressure is another important factor in iron play. Applying the right amount of grip pressure can help you control your shots and avoid mishits. Here’s how to find the right grip pressure:
- Place your dominant hand on the grip, with your palms facing each other.
- Place your non-dominant hand on the grip, with your palms facing your body.
- Interlock your fingers, ensuring a neutral grip.
- Apply enough grip pressure to keep the club from slipping during your swing, but not so tight that it hinders your ability to swing freely.
Developing a Consistent Swing
Consistency is key in iron play. Developing a consistent swing can help you hit straighter shots and avoid misfires. Here are some tips to develop a consistent swing:
- Set up to the ball with the same posture and position every time.
- Make a swing plane that is consistent with your body type and swing mechanics.
- Practice swinging at a slow pace, focusing on maintaining a smooth and even rhythm.
- Avoid rushing or rushing your swing, which can lead to inconsistent contact and poor ball flight.
Practicing on Different Shots
Improving your iron play also involves practicing different shots, such as long irons, mid-irons, and short irons. Each shot requires a slightly different approach, and mastering them can help you become a more well-rounded golfer. Here are some tips for practicing different iron shots:
- Set up to the ball with the appropriate distance from the hole, using a different club for each shot.
- Adjust your stance and aim based on the distance and direction of the shot.
- Practice different swing techniques, such as using a higher or lower ball flight, depending on the situation.
- Pay attention to your ball flight and make adjustments to your swing based on the results.
By incorporating these additional tips and drills into your practice routine, you can enhance your iron play and become a more dominant force on the golf course.
1. What kind of irons does Rory McIlroy use?
Rory McIlroy primarily uses TaylorMade irons. He has been using TaylorMade clubs for several years and has had great success with them. In particular, he uses the TaylorMade P7MC irons, which are known for their distance, forgiveness, and feel.
2. What makes TaylorMade P7MC irons suitable for Rory McIlroy?
The TaylorMade P7MC irons are designed for players who want maximum control and precision. They have a compact shape, which allows for a more controlled ball flight, and the use of advanced materials and technology, such as a new face design and a tungsten weight, ensure that the irons are both forgiving and long. The irons also have a tour-preferred shape and a thin, Tour-preferred finish for a more consistent feel and sound at impact.
3. Are the TaylorMade P7MC irons suitable for all golfers?
The TaylorMade P7MC irons are primarily designed for skilled players who are looking for maximum control and precision. They may not be the best choice for golfers who are looking for more forgiveness and distance, as they are relatively compact and have a lower trajectory. However, if you are a golfer who values control and precision, the TaylorMade P7MC irons could be a great option for you.
4. What shaft does Rory McIlroy use with his irons?
Rory McIlroy uses the TaylorMade M5 Tour-spec shaft with his irons. This shaft is designed for players who want a more controlled, tour-preferred feel and is available in a variety of flexes to suit different swing types. The M5 Tour-spec shaft is made from a combination of high-strength materials, including carbon fiber and T900 carbon-precision-forged technology, to provide exceptional feel and stability.
5. How does Rory McIlroy’s iron setup differ from that of other golfers?
Rory McIlroy’s iron setup is typically designed to provide maximum control and precision, which is different from many other golfers who may prioritize distance and forgiveness. His irons are typically set up with a lower, more controlled trajectory, and he may use a slightly more upright lie angle to help control his shots. However, the specifics of his iron setup can vary depending on the course conditions and his personal preferences.